CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Tis so sweet to trust in JESUS

When Ansley was in Kindergarten she went to a private Christian school. Where she learned so many of the hymns that I love. One in particular is the above - Tis so sweet to trust in JESUS! Trust is a precious thing that happens in our lives. Some of the ways we learned to trust - jumping off the sides of a swimming pool into the secure safety of our parents arms - how about falling backwards into someone arms (I never could do this) - whatever it has been that taught you to trust I'm sure like me there have been many things that have broken trust. Hence we then have our "trust issues" What is this? Trust issues? I've heard this over and over as of late and I kinda get it but, not totally. Yes, I have been hurt and disappointed by someone very close to me and trust has been broken. But just that broken - some thing that is broken, well it can mend. It does take work and I believe that is why we have our "trust issues" we chose not to allow ourselves to mend after we've been hurt. Oh, yes, I get the tough Sista routine....I've been there done that and got the T-shirt - I can say that does not mend you...you may have a hard spot of protection, but you're not healed.

So, is there healing after broken trust?? YES, SISTA!! YES!!!

Our sweet precious LORD can take our broken beaten and battered heart and turn it into beautiful - only HE can do this in us and through us.

Do I hear you asking how can I be healed? It's simple - really!

Proverbs 3:5-6 (one of my life verse)
TRUST in the LORD with ALL your HEART and lean not unto your OWN understanding, but in ALL your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct your path!

Easy, uh??? Not always, but totally necessary if we want to get rid of our "trust issues"!

O.k. - I'm going to share something that the LORD taught me many many years ago and I can honestly say it changed something inside of me...
When we are faced with people that have hurt us that are of the faith what are we do to? GOD sees it all - ALL!! First, hit your knees and get rid of the offense - then TRUST - yes, Sista! TRUST the LORD - you may not trust the person, but you can TRUST the GOD inside of the person. Get it? If GOD is LARGE and in CHARGE - YOU can TRUST- and we all know...
Tis so sweet to TRUST IN JESUS!!

1 comments:

Kelly Weston Moody said...

SO true.... So true.... kelly