CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

~Sweet Surrender ~

O.k. - Well, here's the deal - GOD has been Revealing, Dealing and Healing me! Thank you, JESUS! So, in m y journey with JESUS - I've had to take a few glimpse back into my childhood. You know sometimes you can't move forward until you go back. Well, as I've been on my journey I have uncovered some really neat things about me. One being I have always been a rare bird - Just plain out quirky! When I was younger I thought something was "Bad-the-matter" with me because I just didn't "fit" in with the crowd. I want to share one of my childhood quirky memories. Well while most girls loved Donny Osmond (I did like him and I do still have my Donny Osmond lunch box) I totally loved John Denver. QUIRKY!! My grandmother Lois had a stereo system - you know with the big record player, radio and cassette player....well, she had an extra feature on her system - guess what it was???? You guessed it....HEAD PHONES!! They were BIG and black and totally covered my head, but I loved them. I would plug those babies in and lay in the floor and listen for hours to John Denver. I would sing along and well, you know that never works out when you're wearing headphones because - well, it just doesn't. But, Oie Poie (we call her Nanny today) she would tell me you sound so "purdy" and well, I would sing louder and louder...yep. me and good ole John Denver!! QUIRKY!!! I totally get it - Once Quirky always Quirky! I am my Father's daughter - Sista Quirky - Nice to meet you! So flash forward to this morning....I am at my computer digging in scripture trying to soak up all I can about surrendering to GOD! Laying down my want(s) and will(s) - As I do this I pray LORD please give me "Sweet Surrender" and so being the computer nerd that I am - I googled Sweet Surrender...and well, GUESS WHAT????? Good Ole John Denver popped up on You Tube....singing...YES, one of my favorites....Sweet Surrender!!!! WHOA!!!! I had totally forgotten about this song! Well, I could not resist....I had to share with you and you get a double doozie because there is an interview about the song and also...ready for this...He also sings.....DRUM ROLL PPPLLLEEAASSEEEEE - Country Roads!! I LOVE IT!! So, without further ado.....HERE'S JOHNNY.......

1 comments:

Kellie said...

You're a blessing Staci!

We started Measureless Love Wednesday night -- awesome! Your L.A.M.B.S. blog is great--love it!

Kellie :)