CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Sista ????? Siesta???

What's a "Siesta"?

Isn't "siesta" the Spanish word for nap? Yes! Then why are our LPM blog readers called siestas? One time Beth typed out the word "sistas," referring to our blog readers, and her spell checker wanted her to change it to "siestas." The name stuck! You can read about it here. If you read this blog, consider yourself a siesta! It's just another word for sister.

Ok, Sistas..guess Siesta Beth explained that, uh?? I'm still confused...I guess I'll still say It's all Good in the Sista Hood!! Just less confusing for the sistas that have not been "clued" in...

Love Ya!
Siesta - Sista Staci :)

2 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Hey Staci~

First of all, nice to meet you. And let me say, I know exactly where you are.....my husband grew up in Toccoa, so you're right, it is a small world. We use North Georgia Electric Corporation, so on that check I put NGEMC....otherwise I would be a basket case :)

I have so enjoyed the LPM blog.....and the bible study has been a blast.

Oh, and thanks for this post about how siesta got started, because I just started reading her blog last fall and I couldn't figure it out either.....so I used your link. And, by the way, your blog title is so cute.....

Again, its nice to meet you. Stop by anytime.

Shana

Janeen Jordan said...

Staci,

I saw one of your posts on the LMP blog and your cute lil picture caught my eye and I just had to take a peek at your blog. You are a doll girl! You seem so on fire and I love it! I know where Dalton is - Rome, GA is my hometown, but I'm living in TN now. Keep on, keepin on!!