CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day hasn't always been Happy for me. When I was ten years old my Dad and Mom got a divorce. This was devastating to me. All little girls need and want their Father. After all he is the first "man" in your life. He should be the first to hold the door for you, tell you that you're beautiful, give you butterfly kisses and of course be the shoulder to cry on. Well, what's a little girl suppose to do without that?? For me, the answer has been made much clearer the older I get. Through those years, I've had many special men in my life. First, was my Grandmother's husband. Papa John - He loved me and always was on my side. He would do just about anything for me. He brought allot of stability to my life during the rocky years. Also, my Mom remarried, a man named Ronnie, he was a life saver for our family. I call him the "Gentle Giant", he is very quiet and soft spoken. He went from being single into a house full of estrogen....My Mom, my sister who was 13 at the time and me I was 10. Whoa, be he ever walk into a hornets nest. But Ronnie brought a reassurance with him that we so desperately needed. Just knowing that we were not alone, brought much comfort to me. Also, we lived beside a real special family that calls me their "Adopted Daughter"- His name is Swain. He always made me feel special, just like one of the family. And of course there is my precious LORD. He has always taken care of me. I always have a safe place to fall - right into his arms. When I have struggles or worries, my Father always encourages me with his word.

For the last 20 years I have had the delight of watching my husband, Todd be a Daddy to our children. I have always heard that you try to live out your childhood through your children and I guess in some ways I find this to be true. I love to see Todd, go to Ansley and put his arms around her and say "I love you!" I hear him say to both of our children, "Drive safe, be careful." I am so proud of my husband and the Father that he is to our children. He gives unconditional love and is overflowing with understanding, he is compassionate and non-judgemental. What more could a kid ask for in a Dad?

Todd's Father's day outing:




Align CenterMovie UP in 3-D




Chick-fil-A
Free Milkshake for Dad :)

Happy Father's Day, Todd Pealock - You are a Keeper!!

0 comments: