CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Clear the Clutter!!

That's the word the Lord spoke to me today. CLEAR THE CLUTTER!! With the Divine Design conference we focus on different rooms of our physical home and relate them to our Spiritual home. We are the Temple of GOD - we are HIS home. HE dwells within us. So we are the House of GOD.

This morning the LORD took me to my closet..I was ever so tempted to post a picture, but if I did...WHOA - you would think I was the most disorganized person ever to walk on the green grass of this world. And that is SOOOOOO not true about me. For those of you that know me....You would probably say..Staci is very well organized...ok, well, my closet is another story!! Actually, it is a walk-in closet, but, I call it my "Walking Disaster!"

So today is the day to CLEAR THE CLUTTER!! I'm going to organize my closet.As, I go to my closet, the LORD spoke to me and said this closet represents your heart. You place things in your heart that have no business being there, in a rush to make the rest of your house appear clean you clutter your closet. Then you, cannot find what your looking for, frustration comes because of the clutter. Then shame and condemnation results from the clutter.

The same can be true of our hearts. We hold on to junk instead of letting go. We place things in our heart that do not belong there. We pretty up on the outside, but we know if you open the door to our heart- WATCH OUT - you're going to get trampled. Also, when the heart closet is full of clutter, GOD cannot move freely. Today, I encourage you to Clear the Clutter of your heart. Take a good look and see if you need to remove some old things that clutter your heart. Ask yourself "why am I holding on to this?" Just like myself you may find there is FREEDOM in letting go! We want JESUS to have the freedom to move in the closet of our heart!

WARNING - MAJOR CONFESSION FROM SISTA STACI:

My floor of closet is so piled up I have to stand outside the door and lean in to get what I need. There I said it! Still love me??? I hope so!
When our heart is so pack in, JESUS does not have the space HE needs to get to us. Another thing, when my closet is clean and organized - that is where I have my most precious prayer time with HIM. It is my PRAYER CLOSET!! Where my closet goes, so does my life! You can ask my sweet man - when there is clutter in my closet, there is clutter in my life. The closet - The heart!

Makes perfect sense to me!! Well, I've got De-cluttering to do!! If I'm brave I'll post a picture during the process and after I'm finished. I'm not secure enough to show you the before!!

Maybe, I'm to transparent?? But, I still can say....
It's all GOOD in the SISTA-HOOD!!!

CLEAR THE CLUTTER, SISTA!! FREEDOM AWAITS!!

UPDATE 2:00 pm WHEW!!!
O.K. - It's on - I'm totally getting clutter free!! YAY!!
Question??? WHY DO I HAVE not1..not 2..not 3 - but 7 - SEVEN black PURSE???
It should be very clear too me why my closet is cluttered!!! see picture below....



UPDATE #2
10:21 and I'm still going.....I'll get my after pictures posted in the morning.....and have I gotten some fresh revelation......

3 comments:

Leah Adams said...

"When the heart closet is full of clutter, God cannot move freely" - how true, Sista, how true. I think we could all do with a good closet cleaning on a regular basis. I know that my home closet could use it and I'm sure my heart closet could.

Great post. And yes, we still love you.

Leah

Anonymous said...

I loved your post and how it relates to our heart. I see this all of the time when I work with clients helping them to clear their clutter.

The things we hold onto frequently represent decisions we are putting off. We save things that hold some kind of emotional value and don't even know it.

Congratulations on beginning your journey!
To your success!
Stephanie

Productive & Organized - We'll help you find your way! (tm)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon...

It is one of the prettiest blogs I have seen.
Had some time to do some blog hopping...

Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.