CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

How is Your Happy :)


I bought this sign yesterday. I told my sweet man I was going to wear it around my neck as a necklace. Can I get an Amen from the Sista-Hood?

Lately,I have found myself not being very "happy!" Why? I am not real sure at the moment. And trust me I have been doing allot of soul searching. Sure, we all have problems and people in our lives that are difficult. We shall never get away from that, in this life, it's a given - Problems will come. But, do they have to prevail?

In the Bible we learn that we can do all things, right? Well, that's almost right. We can do all things through Christ that gives us strength. Recently, I have been struggling with just being content or plain ole' happy. What is happy , anyway? Why is happy important? How is your happy?

In the worlds view of happy we will find, big houses, fast cars, diamonds, furs and probably a second or third house somewhere. But, is that true happiness? If you look at the world's view for happy, you will be terribly disappointed. If happy was in the world, there would be no reason for Alcohol abuse, drug overdose and self destructive behaviors.

We can't find our happy in this world. Happy will not satisfy you. However, the Joy of JESUS can! When I was younger, I learned in Sunday School the meaning of JOY -

JESUS
OTHERS
YOURSELF

Simple as it seems, I have found this to be so true in my life. I have Joy when Jesus is first, then others and myself last. Fullfillment in the Father! Contentment in Christ! There is no other answer for happy!


Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)

10 Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."


Psalm 4:6 (The Message)
6-7 Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say."More, more." I have God's more-than-enough, More joy in one ordinary day.

Psalm 9:2 (New Living Translation)
2 I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.

Psalm 30:5 (New Living Translation)

5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Psalm 41:1 (New Living Translation)

1 Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble.

Psalm 59:16 (New Living Translation)

16 But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress.

Jude 1:24 King James Version (KJV)

24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy

These are but a few scriptures relating to Joy. As for, Ain't nobody happy, if Momma Ain't happy - Sistas we have the power within us to get our "Happy On!' While the man is the head of the house - we are the heart of the home! Where the heart goes, so does the Home! So, today I challenge you to be full of J.O.Y. - Jesus Others Yourself!

It's All Good in tha Sista-Hood!! AMEN??

May the Joy of Jesus fill you to overflow :)








2 comments:

Grami's girls said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's always a good day when you put Christ first and do something kind for someone else. And quit comparing yourself to other women!!..ha~

Grami's girls said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.