CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Help Wanted

Page 3 Devotional Study Staci Pealock

Matthew 4:18-22 (New International Version)

The Calling of the First Disciples

18As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." 20At once they left their nets and followed him. 21Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, 22and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

Help Wanted!

GOD revealed to me this morning during my personal devotion. In Matthew, (v18) we see Peter and Andrew going about their daily routine in life. They were probably engaged in a task that had performed numerous times. Then, in an instance everything changed for them. No longer were they Fishing for fish, but for men. Jesus came by with a "Help Wanted" sign. And they responded. Today, as I apply this to my life and ministry I see how this is relevant in my life. I, too was performing a task (vacuuming) I had done numerous times when GOD called me. I heard that still small voice asking me to carry a message of Freedom in the FATHER to wounded woman. I have experienced much freedom and from my experiences I can teach the message that GOD taught me. Like Peter and Andrew they went from fisherman of fish to fisherman of men. (v20) We too must lay down our nets (desires) and follow the call of GOD!

Answer the call of GOD, nothing else will satisfy the longing of your soul. Go fishing today!

I love you, Precious Sistas!!

0 comments: