CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stumbling Blocks or Stepping Stones??

"What your Childhood Memories say about you....and what You can do about it"...I am listening to this book on cd by Dr. Kevin Leman - He was a guest on Joyce Meyer show last week. So, I was curious about this book. And WOW - Double WOW!!

I have always struggled with my childhood memories. All I remember is a lot of negative stuff. Being from a divorced family there was a lot of hostility and resentfulness. This is the enemies playground. he can get a stronghold on our minds and well, just get us to sing the gloom - despair - agony on me song... (Hee Haw) - So, through this book...I have leaned that I can forgive and take the hurt from the past and mix them with the hope of JESUS. It's not saying it was ok, but forgiving allows freedom to grow within my heart. We all make mistakes, Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother - ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. ALL - so with this I have let allot of people off the hook - that I held responsible for my less than perfect childhood. As I have revisited my childhood this week, I've realized that I had many sweet times- I wanted to share a few of them with you:

~ My Nanny - she always loved unconditionally - I believe there is nothing I could do so bad that she would cut me out of her life. I remember spending the night with her and she would spoon with me....what's that??? When we would sleep she would scourge up real close and I would fit perfectly - she would hold me real tight - there was no safer place than my Nanny's arms.

My Mama - I loved church. My Mama would let me put my head in her lap and she would play with my hair. With the week being so busy and not having opportunities to put my head in her lap and get undivided attention - well, I looked so forward to Sunday and going to church. I believe that's one of the reasons I love church so dearly today.

Regardless, of your past you have a gift called the PRESENT! Embrace all that GOD has for you, sweet Sista! I want to share this precious Scripture with you that blessed my socks off...

I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Bretheren(sista), I do not count myself to have apprehended: but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

How about you - what's your sweet memories? You may have endured some trying times and hardships, but Praise GOD - it shaped who you are today. So, do you call it Stumbling blocks or stepping stones?

Praying sweet blessings on you, my Sistas - my Friends!!

1 comments:

Video Promotions said...

I like Dr. Kevin Leman too. I met him when helping him produce his video series "Value Packed Parenting."

Since then, I've supported his efforts to make parenting easier by devoting a blog to his video series.
Watch a short clip from Making Children Mind without Losing Yours
at KevinLemanVideos.blogspot.com

I think his latest book release "How to Have a New Kid by Friday" is good too.