CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rainy Days and Thrusday.....Always....Well....

They don't get me down! I love rainy days - especially when I can be at home. Life brings no simpler pleasure to me than to be at home cleaning and cooking a pot of pinto beans and a pone of corn bread. Pone of Corn bread? It's a southern thing - I think sometimes I just get to busy, running around trying to create joy for me and those around me. When the reality is joy comes from within. It cannot be manufactured - yes, I would agree that happiness can be - but being joyful to me is totally different than happiness. Joy is who you are - happy is what you are! In the latter part of Nehemiah 8:10 it says For the JOY of the LORD is your STRENGTH!
Another scripture that just resonates in my heart Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
Hallelujah! We can be content and full of JOY!! So today, I want to encourage you to put a smile on your heart that will shine through on your face, flex your sprititual muscles and go put on a pot of pintos!! In JESUS' name! AMEN!!! Love you, Sistas!



1 comments:

Gran Jan said...

Girl - you are my new FRIEND! Pinto beans and cornbread - yes! It is a Southern Sista thing and you are precious!!!

So good to hear from you and thank you for your encouraging word!

I love rainy days and I love them even more when I can be home and read and cook and rest and "re-connect" with all things simple!

Thank you again,
Georgia Jan