CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Godliness with Contentment

When I was younger I never felt like I belonged anywhere. I'm not 100% sure why or how this feeling developed in me. All I know is, that's how I felt the majority of the time. As I sit here, and reflect on those younger years, I realize that with the sense of not belonging in this world, it developed a heart of contentment inside of me.

The Bible tells us in 1 Timothy 6:6

But godliness with contentment is great gain.

What does it mean to be content?

Let's check with Webster's.

Content:

1 : to appease the desires of

2 : to limit (oneself) in requirements, desires, or actions

To appease is to bring a state of peace and quiet. I guess that means I can't go around yelling "What about MEEEEE?" And to limit oneself.....ok, well, that doesn't work in today society. As I look around I see more and more people searching and seeking for more stuff to satisfy them. Only to be caught in a web of debt and disappointment.

Godliness with contentment is great gain! YES!

Walk in the ways of our Lord, seek him to bring that contentment to your life - that place of peace and quiet. I often say you cannot bottle peace, but when you have peace flowing through you there is no reason to contain it. Let go and let peace flow.

Look to Jesus for He is the Peacemaker. He can fill you with contentment! Wherever or whatever state you're in, you can be content.

Do I still have that sense of not belonging? Sure, I do. But, it has turned into a sense of longing to be in the presence of the Lord. For I know this world is not my home - I'm merely passing through. Until that day I will actively....

Pursue PEACE!



2496

0 comments: