CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Concussion??


Yes, it is! Concussion...My Son, Andrew was "boxing" with his friends on Monday. Well, it was all in fun. For whom, I have not figured that part out yet... Andrew took a pretty hard blow to his temple and down he went. Thanks to his friend, Joey for getting him to the ER. It was the weirdest thing. My cell phone was dead - I was at church setting up for the Monday night Ladies Bible study. My daughter, Ansley came and got me. I was so calm. I didn't lose it ~ It probably had something to do with the fact that Andrew had previously 4 years ago, suffered a concussion. When I got to the hospital it was heart wrenching...Andrew had no clue where he was or what was going on. He did however, recognize us even though he could not say my name. He just pointed at me and said "yeah".....makes a Mama proud! Then all he kept saying was "I'm sorry" ...so I decided I would accept all his apologies....in my mind I thought about the times he was not so respectful, or when he was late or didn't give me all the details of what he was doing....Yes, I accepted all his apologies...
Andrew is a special fellow. And the LORD has a mighty BIG calling on his life. I know the struggles in his life are there to make him stronger...kinda like growing pains....they don't feel good, but they make us stronger!! So, we stayed in the hospital overnight and Andrew is feeling much better. Just a slight headache and a little dizzy....But, we're Thanking our Sweet JESUS for HIS protection and provision!! It's all good in the Brother-Hood! AMEN!

0 comments: