CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pressing In and Moving On

Life can be full of surprises, good ones and not so good ones. Even so, we have a choice. When the unexpected things happens, we can run and hide, pitch a royal fit, or endure. I have to confess that some time or another, I have reacted in all three of the above ways, and sometimes all three at once. But, I can truly say, that having endurance is the key to walking through a trial. I've learned not to pray for patience, because it will bring on opportunities to be tested. I pray for endurance, to press through the mess.

I firmly believe, every day that we live, God brings us opportunities to grow closer to Him, to pursue Him for the deeper things. Recently, I've had an opportunity of rejection. My same ole' song and dance. The feeling of not being part of the "Club." My first reaction was to put up a wall and say who needs it, but then the Lord reminded me that he was rejected and he kept on loving. And I know that I am accepted by my heavenly Father. It is so easy to get distracted on things that we may not have and totally ignore what is right under our nose.

So, how do I feel now? At peace - I know that GOD is LARGE and in CHARGE of my steps. And if He wanted me to be part of a certain group, then I would have been. I accept HIS ways for me. Lord knows, if I was left up to my own ways it would not be a pretty site.

Sharing a little piece of my heart!

Sista Staci :)

1 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Isn't it crazy how we have this need for human acceptance hardwired into our souls? I was just reading about that in Alicia Britt Chole's book 'Anonymous'. Thankfully the One who will never shun us is always waiting to hold us tightly and love on us hugely.

Leah